Thursday, December 20, 2018

Summer Learning Journey: Pancakes and Maple syrup?

Pancakes and Maple syrup?

My favourite food is breakfast food is waffles with maple syrup.
ingredients:
50g (2 oz) butter (melted)
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs 
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) milk
1 cup self-raising flour

first you add the sugar and eggs to the melted butter, and lightly beat with a fork. stir in the salt and milk, then fold in the flour, mixing just enough to combine ingredients.

heat the waffle iron to a suitable heat (ours is on 5), then spray with non-stick spray. pour the batter onto the prepared iron, close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes (depending on your heat) until everything is evenly cooked and golden brown.

then you can customise them to suit your tastes like add berries, syrup or even ice cream! 






2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Kayla!

    My name is Katelynn and I am from Grey Main School and I am also doing the summer learning journey!

    Mmmmm! Waffles sound delicious I choose to do Nachos! I like how you have added the ingredients and told us how to make it. Maybe next time you could add a photo and show us maybe a waffle you have made.

    Keep up the great work Kayla!
    He Whetu Koe! (Your a star!)

    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Kayla

    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe. This has made me quite hungry! I love the last sentence “n you can customise them to suit your tastes like add berries, syrup or even ice cream!”

    I love customises my food! It’s super fun and exciting, I love bananas, berries and sometimes even mangoes on my pancakes. What’s your must have customisation on your pancakes?

    Well done!
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.