Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Summer Learning Journey: The Secretive Skink

The Secretive Skink 

Pros ✓
1. Getting to research and look after the animals

2. If something goes wrong there are rangers there to check and problem solve 

3. It would be a great leaning opportunity for any ranger that would be interested  

Cons ✗
1. There would probably be a lot of things that the rangers would miss like family, food, other activity's

2. the very few people that are allowed to live on the island might interfere with the program that's happening 

3. Sometimes the problem might not be able to be solved 

I would like to be a ranger, other then missing my friends and family, I think I would enjoy it because I love animals and anything to do with them, and I think it would be the best learning experience.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla!

    Awesome to see you are blogging above and beyond! Thank you for sharing these pros and cons!

    Just like any job, there are always going to be some pros and cons. The cons you have listed are worrisome. I totally understand why many are not interested in becoming a Doc Ranger. I love animals and I think we need to try our best to protect our native animals, can you name a few of our natives?


    you are very brave to consider becoming a DOC ranger! It will be amazing knowing you are doing incredible and meaningful work everyday.


    Keep up the great work!
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.